Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Tag(s): You're It!

I was trying to figure out a small thank-you item I could include with the magnet sets. I’m not really artistic enough to make cards, and I wanted to ensure whatever I included was also recyclable, in keeping with my general environmental impulse in the Etsy shop. I had heard about tags punched out of recycled material — and we certainly have been putting a lot of light-weight cardboard packaging out for recycling at my house. So “upcycled” hang tags seemed like the way to go!

But of course what began as just a few sets of tags as bonuses for customers quickly grew into larger and larger stacks. On a whim, I decided to list some today, just expand the shop offerings a bit. They’re a bit quirky and not for everyone, but I’m going to see if there’s a niche market. At the very least, it was fun to try something new!


1% of the sales price for these items (and all my Etsy sales) donated quarterly to earth-friendly nonprofits.


5 comments:

Vanessa @ See Vanessa Craft said...

Great idea!

Sunny Bower Art Studio said...

Good idea! I guess I could get one of those punch cutters to make tags. Holiday cards might work well for that too. It's always hard to toss greeting cards with nice art on them. Thanks for the inspiration.

13 Delancey Street said...

Thanks, Vanessa!

VineyardPainter: I noticed punch cutters in several sizes at the craft store -- I hadn't even thought of using holiday cards but now you have me thinking!

Renee said...

Wow, what brand of punch do you use?

Anonymous said...

Great tags. I have some pretty neat tags in my shop.