Friday, August 1, 2008

Noodling Around with New Photo Backgrounds

I’ve been having trouble with my photos — too dark, and the backgrounds that look snowy white (or even blue-white) on my camera have been turning gray when I post on Etsy. Since I don’t yet have a lightbox, I’ve been noodling around with different backgrounds. A popular page of photo advice for new Etsyians suggests shooting small objects on a printed page. I think this might work better with solid-colored items, but this did turn out a bit better than the white background I originally used for these Lime Blue Geometric magnets (which for a change actually look a bit better on Etsy than they do on the blog). But my photo skills still need work!

Has anyone stumbled on good-photo trivia you’d like to share? If so, please don’t hesitate to post a comment!


1% of the sales price for these items (and all my Etsy sales) donated quarterly to earth-friendly nonprofits.

5 comments:

Vanessa @ See Vanessa Craft said...

I like the definition of "magnet" in your background! I'm still trying to figure out how to perfect my pics.

13 Delancey Street said...

Awww, thanks, Vanessa. I'm not happy with the photo, but I was indeed pleased with myself for thinking to use the "magnet" page in the dictionary :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's clever, using "magnet". Good job!

Kelly said...

Do you use Photoshop? I think you are on the right track, your photos just need a slight adjustment... I'll drop you a line about this... :o)

Boxing Day Birthday Girl

13 Delancey Street said...

Thanks, everyone!

Kelly: No I don't use Photoshop -- I've been too cheap to shell out for it. Do you think I should? You're photos are pretty amazing, so I'm putting myself in your hands :-)