Thursday, August 7, 2008

The sun, the moon, and your heart

I have to pace my Etsy listings, since once school starts I’ll have much less time to make things and I need to start stockpiling for Christmas! But I made these last week and decided I didn’t want to wait. These were part of an indoor photo shooting day, and I’m actually happy with the way they turned out.

I’m also continuing to try out new backgrounds. In the Mini Etsy at right, the top image is one of the sets of African Print magnets that I re-shot against a picture of a stringed guitar-like instrument from Mali. For the other African-themed set in the shop, I re-shot against a Western Civ textbook page about 17th-c. West African cultures. I also re-did the Sedona Sunset magnets (also at right in the Mini) against a map depicting 19th-c. southwestern territories. And for the Happy Sea Monster set above (still a bit too dark), I chose a couple textbook maps illustrating the Renaissance-era Voyages of Discovery. It’s endlessly convenient to have textbooks in the house, even if white balance and I are still fighting with each other, LOL.


1% of the sales price for the Star Moon Heart and Sea Monster Happy magnets (and all my Etsy sales) donated quarterly to earth-friendly nonprofits.

5 comments:

Stela said...

I love the happy sea monster set!!
I like how you have it displayed on that map, it looks really cool!

Moonchild Dancing! said...

Very cool! Love all the magnets! :D

Liz said...

I swear photography is the spawn of evilness! I hate finishing my projects cause I know I have to get my pics and then edit. Its not very exciting is it? but yours are looking fabbo and your backgrounds are really nteresting!

Vanessa @ See Vanessa Craft said...

Great new pictures!!

kim* said...

i like the choices you made to your lil guys