Friday, July 25, 2008

Art Students League, c.1961

Orange you glad when you get a sale? I am! I sold this “Orange. Apple. Fish!” set today (left), which made my day. It also gives me a very happy excuse, as always after a sale, to feature the work of another Etsy seller from my Favorites. I'm crazy about these cards at the mother-daughter shop The Mum and the Rose, made from sketches (right) that “Mum” made as a student at New York City’s Art Students League in the early 1960s. You will literally have to hurry to snatch these up before I do!

Image © 2008 by The Mum and the Rose.

1% of the sales price for today’s sales (and all my Etsy sales) donated quarterly to earth-friendly nonprofits.

6 comments:

Mary Richmond said...

congrats on your sale and love the idea behind these cards

High Desert Diva said...

I received a set of these cards from Carolyn....I'm a big fan!

Vanessa @ See Vanessa Craft said...

Congrats on your sale!

Rosebud Collection said...

Thank you so much for the lovely write up, I was shocked to read it..
Bless you..

Rosihue said...

I'm excited to receive those magnets! Thank you for featuring us!!!! :)
CaraRose

13 Delancey Street said...

ALL: Thank you! It's probably silly of me to post about sales but it's still such a novelty :-)

Rosebud Collection: You have such a treasure in these drawings, I've been telling people about them all day :-)