Sunday, July 6, 2008

The Etsy Shop Is Up and Running!

First I learned how to make little magnets out of flat glass bubbles. Then I started seeing 1/2-inch circles, suitable for magnet-ing, in lots of magazines, newsletters, discarded business cards, and even political campaign stickers. Could an Etsy shop be far behind?

I listed the first couple items for the shop, called 13 Delancey Street, on July 4th: a set of glass marble magnets made from pages of the China Radio International reader newsletter, and a set called Ocean Blue (right) made from various magazines with gorgeous swimming pool shots.

I’m just going to add a few items at a time, so I don’t compete with myself on the site search. The most recent items added will be viewable here on the blog, on the upper right-hand column. The Etsy shop also has a RSS feed (see the lower-right hand corner of the shop home page). Or you can keep up here by subscribing via the link below!

For information on the shop’s 1% to charity program, see my earlier post.



4 comments:

Sunny Bower Art Studio said...

Maybe I'll commit to learning one French word a day, or at least one per week! Nice to see your blog.

Stela said...

great magnets!! especially the obama ones!! :)

13 Delancey Street said...

Vineyard Painter: It's my move-to-France pipedream widget :-)Ah, if only . . .

Estela: Thank you! They have the lowest number of views on my shop (I was still learning how to use a new camera), but they're really fun to make. How convenient that my favorite candidate chose a marble-magnet perfect "O" for his logo!

Stela said...

I found pre-made templates for blogger and that's where I got that one!