Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Colors and Characters


F
or years I’ve been receiving China Radio International (CRI)’s reader newsletter, as well as very pretty calendars and delicate paper items, all because I sent them a QSL (listeners’ report) card years ago, when I was spending time listening to shortwave radio. Most stations send a postcard back in response — I have lovely cards from 42 countries, the last time I c
hecked. But CRI also sends beautiful die-cut items a couple times a year. The listeners’ newsletter is more straightforward, mostly station news and contests for English-speaking listeners. But I’m so drawn to pictograms and Asian-themed items, after my black and white CRI bubbles sold, I decided to take scissors to another issue before it went into the recycling bin. This one was a program calendar printed in pretty lavender and pink (with the results above, of course available on Etsy). As always I’m not sure what the characters say, but I’m confident it’s G-rated!

Speaking of pink, I tried my hand at my first solid-colored bubble magnets (Fuschia Loves Pink, left). I love the colors, although as per usual I actually think the color worked better here on Blogger than it did in my Etsy shop.


1% of the sales price for these items (and all my Etsy sales) donated quarterly to earth-friendly nonprofits.

7 comments:

Rosebud Collection said...

How pretty..Something so different..Just lovely..

Jennifer said...

Fun magnets! They look great on Etsy too, but I know what you mean, the pics never seem to look as awesome as they do on the blog, hmmm.

Beachy Rustica said...

Neat!

hy said...

that is really cool! i love them!
xo
mary jane

Anonymous said...

Unique and really fun & pretty...

Hey Harriet said...

I love your bubble magnets! They are so adorable :)

13 Delancey Street said...

Thanks, ladies! It's so encouraging for me as a newcomer to get so many nice comments!